Thursday, April 30, 2015

"Life is like a box of chocolates"

To me...the phrase from Forrest Gump is so true, "Life is like a box of chocolates"

Image result for life is like a box of chocolates quotes

My chocolate of choice is made by #Chocolatier Blue.  The creator of these fine chocolates takes great pride in creating an experience for you.  It's not about eating just another piece of chocolate...it's about transporting you to an orchard full of pistachio trees and cherry trees and infusing the two flavors into your mouth at once - or taking you back to your childhood memories of eating an amazing rootbeer float - you close your eyes, open your mouth and in goes the chocolate...you are in heaven with each piece.  My mouth is watering right now!!!

This creator of fine chocolate pushes the envelope...he makes you try something new...something I've never tried before.  Will I like it?  Will it be a bitter taste in my mouth or sweet and inviting?  Like Sunflower and Orange Marmalade or Sage Honey, will I like them?  I can't help myself...I have to try them.  I have to experience the flavor for myself.  I have to know if I've been missing out on some exotic combination enveloped in smooth, fine chocolate!!!

I have tasted some chocolates that were flat out gross, leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.  I see their labels and packaging and pass them on by, no need to waste my time, money or energy on them ever again.  

It's the same with people, places and things that have pulled me down or left me feeling like I was empty inside.  Those things that steal  joy, that weigh us down...it's time to look at their labels, packaging and realize they aren't good or healthy for us anymore and move on.  In the end they only leave a bitter taste and we remember once again why we put them down in the first place. 

Find the things that make you smile...find the things that transport you to a happy place and put down the things that are bitter in your life.  Make a positive change in your life today.  Life is too short to waste it on things that have hurt you, caused you strife or kept you from your fullest potential.  Today is a great day to start over!!! 

I for one am looking forward to a great day and a beautiful healthy future.  I'm tasting joy, love, peace and happiness and I'm going to savor it for a looooong time.  It all started with a step, believing I deserve it... I do, and so do you!  

Happy Thursday All!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment