Friday, April 17, 2015

Friendships

Wouldn't it be nice to always look at life through rose colored glasses?  See everything beautiful at all times?  Or maybe have the scent of something beautiful in our minds at all times?  As I sit typing this, I'm looking at a beautiful bouquet of flowers a dear friend delivered to me this week while I was definitely NOT out smelling the roses or seeing life through a blissful state.   How many of us have found ourselves in that pit of despair?  I know I have.

I remember during the days of the looming divorce as I had packed up my girls and anything else I could and moved into my 5th wheel (in a trailer park), I felt so alone, felt so unloved, felt so lost.  I felt like a complete and utter failure.  How in the world was I ever going to get back on my feet and take care of my girls.  I had to walk away from a great job that I loved, moved away from close friends and family, and completely started over again.  I had a car that barely ran.  I took a $9.00 an hour pay cut to have a job in the area, I had no health benefits, I had nothing.  I was sinking further and further into the depths of nothingness.

It was a low point in my life.  I can remember, how friends began showing me acts of kindness.  Helping me with my daughters, fixing us dinner, calling me, or dropping by the trailer park to visit with me and cheer me up.  I was 37, just lost a 17 year marriage, and starting over - from scratch.  I needed the help of others, I needed my friends and family.  I needed to feel HOPE again.

As I look back on the past 5-6 years I can see how my wonderful friends have helped me so much along the way, and I'm so thankful for them.  From a girls night out, to a one on one cry session, to a movie, some amazing sugar cookies, a glass of wine, or a work-out session at the gym or local track....I've leaned on them and they on me.  We've laughed and cried together, we've prayed for one another, we've encouraged one another.  I have to say, it's because of my faith in God, my faith in myself and my amazing friends and family that I'm back to a place of health and happiness in my life. I am blessed to have the greatest cheer squad ever.

I know we all want that someone special in our lives.  It's a beautiful gift to be able to have a best friend to laugh with, hold hands with, cuddle with, dream with, dance with, share our days with...all of that....but don't lose sight of your friends along the way.  They shouldn't take priority over your relationship but they shouldn't be forgotten.  Take time to be there for them, take time to encourage them, bake them some cookies just because.  Keep your friendships alive - you just never know what they are quietly battling.

Take time today to send someone a text, call them or stop by with a Starbucks - brighten their day - help them see life through rose colored glasses.

Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for being a reader, thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts.  Life is sweeter today because of friendships near and far!


No comments:

Post a Comment