Friday, May 1, 2015

Unbroken

It was difficult to watch the dehumanization of not only Louis Zamperini but the countless other POW's who so bravely served our great country.  

After surviving a plane crash in WWII, enduring 47 brutal days in a raft out on the open sea with the only other two survivors...facing sharks, extreme weather, dehydration and hunger before being caught by the Japanese Navy, only to be tortured during his capture...Louis's will to survive was tested to the limit but never broken.  His inner strength was strong and constantly intact.  

As I watched the brutality, I was once again reminded of just how blessed I am.  My disappointments, failures, heartaches, temporary aches and pains...are so irrelevant compared to what others have faced.  I get up each morning, stretch a healthy body, shower in comfort, freely open cupboards for sustenance, independently feed and dress myself...I am blessed.  

Look at yourself today, think of all you've overcome in your life...you are strong, you are brave, you are unbroken!  Find your inner strength, your will to get up and live your beautiful life.  Don't let anything stop you!!!  

It's Friday - It's the 1st day of May, 2015.  It's your day to start over!


No comments:

Post a Comment