Monday, April 6, 2015

Recharge your batteries

I think we've all experienced a power outage.  Lights flicker, giving us a warning that soon and very soon the electricity will cease to pulse through our homes and businesses...we know, change is coming.  We try to prepare for the event by having candles, flashlights, plenty of batteries, blankets, etc... but there are times we are caught unaware.

Life is a little like that.  We can prepare, we can save, we can stock up on the necessities but there are times...we are just caught unaware.   I have experienced some major upsets in my lifetime.  First losing my mother at the age of 7.  How was I to be prepared for that?  I couldn't have been - all the preparation in the world would not bring comfort to a small child who is suddenly left without a parent.  Death catches us - unaware.  Divorce, yeah, that one caught me unaware.  I "thought" I was safe....but low and behold, I wasn't.  I could help a hundred others who were going through the same discomfort, yet I...was unaware.  The news I was going to be a grandma...although my grandson is the greatest blessing...I was caught unaware.

Love and relationships can catch you unaware.  One day is bliss, the next...not so much.  I'm finding now in this new phase that with all I've lost...and when I say lost, I don't mean I'm a loser...I mean I've lost - or I've missed in my life - I know I'm prepared to handle hurts and disappointments and the unknowns.  Will it be easy? No.  Will I complain some? Yes.  Will I probably cry? No doubt.  I'm human and I know the sting of hurt.  With that being said, I know the joy of love.  I have too much hope and faith in the future to allow past hurts, present hurts and disappoints to keep me from enjoying love and life.  I'm truly thankful we are all given the chance to start over.  Love is beautiful and amazing...it's the electricity that keeps our relationships alive.

I want to work each day at keeping that battery charged!  It's a privilege to let my kids and grandson know I love them, to let the man in my life know I love him and appreciate him.  Take time today to recharge your batteries.  Take time to plug some positive energy into those you love and appreciate. It's amazing how it cycles back to you.   Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment