Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Steps

For me...going to the gym and working out in front of other people could  equally be like walking a tight rope over the grand canyon!!! Scared to death!!  I don't know why...it just scares me.  I have so much confidence in my life...UNTIL...I walk through the doors of the gym.  I see the younger more fit individuals in there with their Victoria Secret leggings, and bulging muscles and I think to myself..."what am I doing here?!"  I've donated to the gym for 2 years...with an automatic withdraw on my checking account...OH MY GOSH!  What a waste of money!!! I would go in for a couple of weeks, do a quick 45 min on one machine...and bolt!  Never make eye contact, rarely talk...and that's just not me!! I thrive in a crowd of peers.  I can walk right up to someone and begin a conversation...but there, in that gym...I become a coward of sorts.  I turtle up in a shell and move towards the door.  It's been trying to say the least.

I have to give my guy some serious credit.  He has me in that gym at least 2x a week now.  Not for a quick walk on the Elliptical, nope...he has me working out with him and a personal trainer one night a week doing strap workouts and the other night we do core and spin.  I can see and feel the difference in my body.  He wasn't able to go with me a couple weeks ago and ya know what?  I went...without him and did great!!!  I pushed myself to do what he would have me do...I lifted weights, I did the pull up station, I did cross country on the the Elliptical...all the while, knowing I had made a big step.  I was proud of myself...I AM proud of myself!!!

What obstacle stands in your way of bettering yourself?  Is it self confidence, is it fear, is it doubt?  What is it??  Write it down...and take a step closer towards your goal.  Don't stop until you reach it.  Half the battle is fought in our mind.  I just have to remind myself that this is for me...for my mental and physical health.  It's okay that I'm uncomfortable,  I just have to keep with it and pretty soon I find myself comfortable.  I am making friends, I am more confident in my surroundings.

Starting over in life doesn't have to be some major transformation...it's taking a step.  It's taking a step towards bettering your life.  Is it looking for a job that pays more, offers a benefit package?  Is it moving out of a downtown apartment to something on the other side of town which gives you a better view? Is it riding your bike to work instead of driving to better your health?  Is it taking that step towards love - a love you feel like you don't deserve?  What's holding you back?  Take a step today for yourself...and another tomorrow...just one step at a time.

Thank you for reading...I apologize that I'm not a great writer.  =)
Let's have a great day today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment