Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Alone

5 letters forming one word which absolutely can cause a person to spin into a depressed state and to think and act irrationally.  

Image result for alone quotes

I know we have all been there and some of you are there right now.  You go to bed and get up alone...you drive to work alone, you get the kids ready alone, attend school functions, movies, dinners, parties...alone.  Sometimes...even with your partner - you feel alone.  It's probably one of the worst emotions I've ever experienced when with someone.

I can remember back to the days when my marriage was crumbling before my eyes, as he and I shared the same home, bedroom, bathroom, dinner table.  I had never felt more alone.  We had become strangers to each other....the conversation had no depth or meaning, there was no longer any physical contact which made me feel alive and wanted - if our skin touched it sent an electric current through my body - it hurt.  I was alone.

I can also remember during the major bad decision of a relationship when I moved in with a man (terrible decision) for a year...I "thought" I knew him, "thought" I was in love, "thought" I had found Mr. Right...I had known him for over 20 years - of course I was right! WRONG!!! Soooo wrong!  I found myself in that same situation....with someone who made me feel alone, afraid I would once again be physically alone - but emotionally I was already there.  I sought much counseling after that ended...and thankfully so.  My life was in shambles.

Once I finally realized I was better off alone, my life became so much more peaceful.  I was comfortable in my own skin, I did things for me.  I didn't seek after anyone's approval, I wasn't waiting for an invite for love...I began loving myself.  I began pampering myself, I began taking time with my daughters by taking them out on dates to the movies, dinner, or shopping.  Feeding into them how they should be treated and be made to feel by a man.  Showing them it was okay to be single and happy.

We crave attention from someone we like/love/want/desire....we want to know they are thinking about us throughout the day and can't wait to see us at the end of the day.  We want to know they want to kiss us as much as we want to kiss them.  We are all looking for that certain special someone who gets us (praying I have finally found my guy!! lol), on an emotional and physical level.  And that is OK.  It's is natural, it's how God designed us to look for our helpmate.  The Bible tells us that God never leaves us or forsakes us....and as our heart desires that relationship with God...it's true in our carnal life as well....

I am praying today for everyone who feels alone.  That you may find peace, that you may know that even in your darkest hours God loves you, reaches for you and wants to be with you.  You are never alone.  The feelings don't always disappear immediately, but they do.

Find a local church or some sort of group to get involved with.  Seek counseling if you're in a state of despair....but please don't give up on yourself or those around you...you are needed, wanted, loved and never alone.

Thank you for reading....Have a wonderful day and know someone is praying for you today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment