Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Broken

What do we do when we are broken? How do we as humans glue the broken pieces back together?  How do we even pick the pieces up when we have no strength to carry on?  

I was talking with a dear friend last night, listening to her as she spoke words of wisdom into me.  Because you see, I am broken today.  I feel that all too familiar pain that has plagued me in times past.  It's well known, sweeps in - knots my stomach - cramps my chest - fills my eyes with tears and removes the smile from my face.  I hate it...but somehow it's back.  

This time... - I won't allow it to stay long.  I won't allow it to rip me to my core as it did with my divorce.  But there will be scars, no doubt.  I know I have a God who is with me, He comforts me, guides me and loves me UNCONDITIONALLY.  That's a beautiful thing to be reminded of in broken times.  

So if you read this today...please say a prayer for me.  I'm a bit out of sorts.  In my quest to start over...I've hit a bump in the road that I'm going to have to climb over, go around, whatever I have to do in order to be at peace in this situation.  

Trusting in God to make me whole again - and I know He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment