Monday, April 20, 2015

Smiling

They say...don't cry because it's over- smile because it happened.  

All of us have walked a completely different walk.  Some have lived in the same town their entire lives, others have moved from town to town or state to state...each of us on our own journey.  Each step forming us into the person we are today.  I am sometimes amazed by my journey.  I have lived in  - California, Missouri, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Okinawa, Japan - with lasting relationships spread throughout.  What amazes me, is I can still relate to certain things in my life during those time periods.  And if I can....so can you.  

In starting over - it doesn't mean we forget everything - erase it all and literally start all over with a clean and fresh slate - it means we pick up from where things ended and begin anew.  Take the good with you, leave the bad.  Take your smiles and lessons learned and leave the heartache and disappointments.  Learn from them, grow, and infuse what's positive into what's present.  It's not always an easy process but it's doable.  We all have good memories in our past - just remember, they are memories - they are no longer something to chase after - but it's okay to think back on good times. Smile because it happened.  Smile because without that step in your life, you wouldn't be able to enjoy where you are today with the ones in your life in the here and now. 

I'm blessed.  I have some (as someone recently said) phenomenal memories in my memory bank....however, I'm looking forward to what's ahead.  I don't look back on my memories with want.  I don't look back on them wishing I was there again, those days are over...but what happens is something will trigger a memory and I'll reflect on it with fondness and move on - I don't stay there or dwell...and you shouldn't either.  Live in the present, live in the moment, live for today with those who are here with you.  Make new memories - beautiful new memories!!!   I look forward to each day - everything we do counts.  Give someone something wonderful to remember today - put a smile on their face.  

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment