Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wanted!

I have a hard time...settling!!! I KNOW what I want, what I deserve and what I will have in my life, to not only "feel" happy and at peace but for me to truly live in that peace and happiness.  In my former married years I know I settled.  This was how it was going to be and I was going to accept it for what it was.  And although I "felt" happy through much of my married years, it wasn't until after my divorce that I knew what it was to be loved and wanted.

I'm a sucker for a good love song...a hopeless romantic!  I listen to the words of some of the songs out there and just wish for the man I love to tell me that's how he feels about me!! Lol... Sappy, but true.  And this song by Hunter Hayes... "Wanted"  gets to me every time!!! :)

Why would anyone settle in their dating/courting relationship, for someone who makes them guess if they are wanted, loved, needed, desired? Life is toooo short! It doesn't matter how long you've been with your partner... If you don't want someone else loving them... You need to make sure they know you want them!  This isn't just for the men... It's for the women too.  Sometimes we think that it's the man's job alone.  It's not.  I can tell you I make it a part of my daily routine to text him and tell him I love and appreciate him.  I never want to make the man I love feel as I have so many times in past relationships....unwanted.  

It doesn't matter how strong, independent, secure, or stable a person is... If they aren't cherished by the one they love... There is an emptiness that creeps in.  So do me a favor and do yourself a favor... If you've been distant from your partner, take the time to reaffirm your desire for a relationship with them.... Invest your time and attention in them... All it can do is build a stronger and healthier relationship... If you won't settle, don't expect them to either.  

It's a beautiful Sunday.... Make time for each other... Make him or her feel wanted today!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment