Friday, October 30, 2015

Traditions


This past week I was sharing some of the traditions I've set with my daughters over the years with my soon to be mother-in-law.  I began telling her how it's always been so exciting for us on Christmas morning to go through our stockings.  We always contribute to each other's stocking, loading it chalk full of fun and sometimes useless trinkets.  However, small, trivial or fun each thing is - we truly just enjoy that time together.  Well this year, Greg and I will have the privilege of having his mother with us on Christmas morning too...so there will be a couple new stockings to fill.  I can't wait!

Sometimes it seems a bit overwhelming when blending families.  One family does one thing and the other, something completely different.  The beautiful thing is - it gives us the opportunity to partake in something new.  It allows us to share in each other's excitement and get to know each other better.  

As the time of year approaches where traditions start showing up - don't have a closed mind.  Open yourself up to something new, ask your kids, your spouse, your friends what they like to do and perhaps you and yours will find you're creating a new tradition in your life this year.

I for one am totally excited to start new traditions.  Memories in the making!
Have a great Halloween weekend everyone.
Dress up, smile, laugh, and enjoy life, be safe!! You only have one life to live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment