Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hello Gorgeous!



Don't you love it when you go shopping and find something new...a new blouse, new shoes, new jeans, new jewelry, New Anything?!!  I certainly do.  I have recently gone through my "things" sifting out the old and realized it is time to part with some items I once loved; 
they just don't fit in my life anymore.  

Some things I had held on to for years as they had memories attached to them, others reminded me of a thinner, more youthful me and then some things...well, I just can't explain why I still had them, lol!! What I do know...it's time to make a clothing donation!  Why hold on to these things?  Why have them hang in the closet taking up precious space?  
Getting rid of them frees me to....well....replace them! :)

I generally try to gain some sort of lesson out of big events in my life and with cleaning out my closet on the literal side, I realized it's time to clean my closet on the emotional side as well.  Clean it of the need to please others, clean it of the need to make everyone happy, clean it of the need to be accepted by everyone or to rearrange my life in order to accommodate others.  

For those of us who have found ourselves at a crossroad in life and realize we've had some things holding us back - it's time to let go.  We need to free ourselves from anything that keeps pulling us down.  Some people can't stand it when others progress; misery loves company.  If you have people in your life who constantly knock you down, it's okay to make room in your life for those who truly care about you and want to see you happy.

It's impossible to enjoy your new walk if you're constantly getting tossed into someone else's misery.  Stand up for yourself!!

Today is a great day to give yourself permission to move on.  Be with those who love you, who encourage you, who support you.  Surround yourself with things that give you purpose - I promise you when you do - You will find out who you were meant to be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment