Thursday, October 22, 2015

Love is....



I know we all have this "picture" in our minds of what love is supposed to look like, feel like, smell like.   As a young girl I paid attention to the boys who treated their girlfriends like a princess.  I watched as girls would get flowers sent to them at school, or as they took them out to dinner and movie.  There was always a least one romance movie that drew me in.  I'd buy the soundtrack to the movie, listen to song after song, memorizing the words...dancing in my bedroom while no one was watching, pretending I was "that" girl.  I was a hopeless romantic - and to be honest, I still am.

What I'm learning about love the older I become is that it isn't all about "feelings" and fluff.  It's not all about what society says it needs to look like or feel like.  Love is shown in so many forms, we just need to pay attention.

I don't like to brag, but I'm going to.  I have truly been blessed with a man who has taken loving me to heart.  We like many other couples have been faced with difficult days but determination has kept us from giving up - or shall we just call it as it is - love kept us from giving up.

It takes two to commit to a loving relationship.  It takes patience, kindness/respect, it takes protection - both physically and emotionally, it has to be built on trust, it has to have hope or a feeling of expectancy for a beautiful life, it has to persevere  - to stay the course without giving up and it cannot fail.  Love conquers all - because it is formed with determination and is unstoppable.

There is no greater example for us to follow than Christ.  His love is so pure, so gentle, so forgiving.  His love is there to serve us, guide us, restore us and give us hope that our lives and relationships can be filled with a promise of a beautiful healthy life. 

Love yourself - love your spouse - love your children - love your parents - friends and neighbors.  
Water the love in your own garden and see just how beautiful it grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment