Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The greenest grass...

Always green

This is a life lesson to learn.  We always hear the phrase, "the grass is always greener on the other side"...we also hear, "the grass is greenest where you water it".  Both are true...but this phrase, hits home to me.

I have a beautiful life.  I have beautiful daughters, a great church, a Pastor who preaches the Word of God, a family who loves me and reaches out to me - both near and far away, and the love of my life, whom I've waited a very long time for.  I have so much to be thankful for and so much to protect.  

I am no longer praying for God to bring someone to me who understands me, gets me, completes me, loves me, honors me, laughs with me, dances with me, holds my hand...
God has blessed me with that man.  

As a woman who has lost greatly in life, I realize the value of what I have and I pray fervently for God's protection on him and our commitment to one another.  I pray for God's protection because I pay close attention to keeping the grass green.  I am devoted, loving, loyal and faithful to him because he deserves to be loved.  I choose to give him the best part of me because he gives me the best part of who he is as well.  This is not something that has happened immediately...we realized that we have to nurture OUR relationship in order for it to survive and thrive and thank God it is!

There will always be greener grass...but the sweetest grass is the grass you water, you nurture, you put your time and effort into.  If you focus on that, you'll eventually choke out any weeds and have a beautiful, healthy life.

Starting over hasn't been easy, but when I look at my future...I see it's all been worth it. 
 God had bigger plans for me than what I ever dreamed. 
This is one woman who won't be looking at the weeds in some other yard!





No comments:

Post a Comment