Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Please pass the salt....


Salt has been used since the beginning of time.  Prized by the ancient Greeks, Hebrews, Romans, Byzantines, Hittites, and the Egyptians. It was used in trading, wars have been fought over salt, it's cultural significance is known around the world.
In biblical times it was used as a preserving agent, used in sanctification ceremonies, used as an antiseptic, and used to add flavor.  Metaphorically it's been used to signify permanence, loyalty, durability, fidelity, usefulness, value and purification.  It's so common, yet so valuable. 

 I want flavor in my life.  I want there to be a preserving agent, keeping me in tact; strong and healthy.  I hope that my life adds flavor to those who are around me.  I pray I'm able to be a positive influence in their lives.  I pray that when people are hurting and they turn to me (as a believer in Christ) that I'm able to offer prayers of healing to their hurting hearts.  I want to be a valuable resource to them.

So the next time you grab the salt remember it's not just "salt" it's a reminder that we aren't here just because.  Your journey of starting over may just be that you are discovering your true purpose.  Why are you here?  Well...you're here to add flavor.  You're here to preserve God's promise that He loves each and everyone of us.  We matter to Him and He's coming back one day for His children.




No comments:

Post a Comment