Friday, October 2, 2015

The measure of success





inspirational quote - strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value by albert einstein:

I love my boss...he's a wonderful man with many years of wisdom under his hat.  I am afforded the privilege of hearing him talk of days gone by, stories of time when life was simpler and relationships that have survived over the years.
One thing he often shares with us is to make memories.  He tells us that you can't take the money in your wallet with you, but you can hold onto memories for the rest of your life...long after you pass, there will be those who will remember you and the way you made them feel.

I see him walk towards the photos on the wall, as he's transported back to a time when he was a vibrant coach looking into the eyes, hearts and souls of a group of young men who trusted him to lead and guide them not just on the field, but in life too.  So many of those boys, now men...stop by to spend time with their leader, the one who believed in them.

He hasn't measured his success in life by his financial status ...but rather valuable experiences.  He says you can't measure a man by his wealth...you measure a man by his reputation.  Was he fair, was he honest, was he a man of his word?

Today as I reflect on my life and the many people who hold a valuable place in my heart...I can say I am blessed to be surrounded by some amazing people who value God, family and friends.  I hope they feel the same about me, that somewhere along the line I've learned that life isn't about what you have, but who you have.

Thankful this is an area in my life that I don't have to start over in.
Blessed, I am!




No comments:

Post a Comment