Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's time to stop worrying about being right - and just be happy


My sweetheart and I are just 16 days away from pledging our vows in front of our closest immediate family members.  We've invited a small number in order to keep our budget down and keep our ceremony intimate; it is our day after all.  We have 15 including the minister and his wife who will be in attendance with us as we begin our journey as husband and wife. 

We've been blessed with amazing family members who could have had hurt feelings by not receiving an invite - but yet, looked past their own opinions and saw our heart and desire and have fully supported us - calling, sending texts and emails letting us know how happy they are that we've found each other.  Then on the opposite side we've heard negative remarks and had a few turn down our invitation to share in our day because they felt we were not being kind by not inviting others as well.  That's their choice and I didn't argue with them, I just let our chef know we'll have a few less plates at the dinner table.
***********************************************
If we are always striving to please everyone - we will lose ourselves in the midst of the purpose.
I would be miserable if I gave in to the guilt party of those who were upset - extended invitations and put a financial burden on my sweetheart.  We would then have to open the list to both sides of our families in order to keep everyone happy, all the while putting a strain on our relationship.
I refuse.

Now...I can relax, knowing the family who is there, truly have Greg's and my best interest at heart.  They have no agenda to make us look negative toward others, they haven't talked negatively behind our backs - they're genuinely happy for our future together and are excited to share this moment in time with us.

I have no anger or bitterness towards those who don't wish to join us, it's their choice.
I'm so excited about starting over with this beautiful man - showing my daughters that love does exist and God truly does care about our wants, needs and desires - I don't have time to be unhappy!


No comments:

Post a Comment