Thursday, October 1, 2015

Simplify

Dieter F. Uchtdorf--just one of many "BREATHE" (i.e., "slow down" and regain perspective) quotes I love from him!  This man, as are 14 others, is truly a prophet of God.  I am so gratefuly for each of them and how they help me follow our Savior Jesus Christ!  Implementing counsel I hear from them simplifies and makes my life happier.  E-V-E-R-Y single time. !:

I can't help but think of my relationship with my fiance. 
When we first began dating he asked me to give him 21 days.  21 days to keep the outside noise out...to give him and us a chance to form our own opinions about each other without any influence from others, negative or positive.  I agreed, and we did.  We not only agreed to that, but we chose to date quietly, not locally so as to not start a stir...we live in a small community and word travels fast.  We did what we could to protect the relationship and give it a valid chance.  It worked.

During the course of our relationship we have had to decide what matters most to us.  
Our past had formed us but we weren't going to let it define us.  We chose to let go of some old ways and habits and work towards creating a relationship that after being stripped down to the core, reflects us and where we want to go moving forward.  We had to define what would be detrimental to our autonomy and the success of our relationship and rid ourselves of those things.  We also had to determine what things matter most to us...and foster/protect those things.  

You don't do that by rushing...it's done slowly and deliberately.  It's not done by just following your "feelings"...sometimes it takes going through a few storms for us to realize just how much someone or something means to us.

Thankful heart today...thankful for cleaning closets, physically and emotionally.  Thankful for the storms that make you appreciate the beauty after the rain.

Time to simplify - for what matters most.
Starting over has brought me much to be thankful for!!


No comments:

Post a Comment