Thursday, August 27, 2015

Writing this with a thankful heart

I didn't post yesterday because I was being checked for breast cancer.
I guess it was in early May when I detected a lump in my breast and didn't say anything to anyone about it.  I was afraid and I was facing some uncertainties in life that kept me from seeking the care I needed.  Isn't that how life is sometimes?  I just knew I needed to be emotionally strong and secure with The Lord before I ever sought medical advice. 

Well over the last month and a half or so I have just continued to watch/feel for any changes in size or touch and well...nothing changed, it was just there, reminding me that some people get cancer.  You know how it is...our brain automatically goes to the most negative place it possibly can when dealing with sensitive information.  Or maybe yours doesn't - but mine does.

I've often been baffled by the fact that my sister and I have outlived our mother and father and for some reason when a physical ailment comes knocking at my door I wonder if my time on earth is through.  Well....it's not, Thank You Jesus.  They did a 3D mammogram and followed up with an ultrasound and I'm clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can tell you - with all the hope and faith that I live with on a daily basis...I still felt fear of the unknown leading up to hearing it from trained medical professionals that I was okay.  I spent hours over the past couple of months praying that God would bring me through and that He would allow me time with my children, grandson and grant me the gift of love and a life with Greg.  Nothing felt sweeter than the hug Greg gave me after the doctor gave me the all clear...nothing tasted better than the bite of a peanut butter cookie (celebratory of course) and being able to look at Greg and know that God just brought me (us) through, yet another major obstacle.

I can't express it enough just how wonderful God is.  He truly does comfort us when we are down, He truly does give hope in hopeless situations.  He truly does care about every single need and want we have and desires to take care of His children.  I am one of His children!

For anyone who's facing the "unknown", it doesn't have to be the terrible "c" word of cancer, it can be an unknown disease, an unknown life change, an unknown career change, just anything that is causing you to have sleepless nights, hopeless days and a restless spirit - I challenge you to trust in God.  I challenge you to pray about it.  It doesn't mean the feelings will all go away, but what it does mean is your spirit will find rest in God, knowing He will see you through.  

Starting over can just mean allowing God to bring rest to your current situation.  Starting over can just mean you place your cares and troubles in His hands.  He's totally qualified to handle anything and anyone.

Here's to a beautiful day and a thankful heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment