Monday, August 31, 2015

Keep trusting - that's what I do

Don't fall into unbelief when your prayers aren't answered in the time frame you would choose. Keep trusting Jesus & keep asking.

It's not easy to trust that it will all work out when all you see is doom and gloom but if you can just spark that glimmer of hope, you'll be able to see there is a light ahead that doesn't dim, it just gets brighter and brighter.

We are born to trust, but somehow time and people diminish it's strength.  Unless of course we've been blessed with a perfect life where people never go back on their word and parents don't die or get divorced, where jobs are always there and money grows on trees.  I don't live in that world.
I live in the world where people make mistakes, jobs end, people get sick and pass on, parents divorce, credit and credibility lose their "score" and well....life happens.

So...I'd say trusting in God takes time.  It takes practice.  It's a learned trait.  It's a habit that must be formed.  It's important to my survival.

I don't know the "how", the "when" the "why" of each situation, but what I do know is....I know the One who speaks peace into each situation.  I know the One who blesses.  I know the One who rewards those who are diligently seeking His will.

As we start over we have to remind ourselves that each day is different.  What doesn't have to change is our focus.  Stay focused on God, stay focused on the positive things.  Stay focused on what He's done already and what He's continuing to do on your behalf.


No comments:

Post a Comment