Monday, August 17, 2015

A little more about me...


For a long time I've battled feeling as though I'm not enough.  
As a woman who loves with ever fiber of who I am...I give and give to a relationship, I give and give to my job.  I give in my friendships.  I give to my family.

It is very natural for me to want to do things for others, to make them feel loved, wanted, trusted, nurtured, safe.  I enjoy buying things for my daughters, my grandson, the man I love.  Not just because I want to spend money on them...but it's always nice to know someone cares enough to think about you and get you something they think you may want or appreciate.

I love to cook or bake for the ones I love...nothing brings more satisfaction than hearing them enjoy the flavors of what I've prepared.  When they ask to have seconds or even want to take something home with them...well, it just warms my heart. 
-------------------------------
My value and worth have been attacked to my very core over the years.  I allowed my divorce to strip me from believing in myself in the beginning - actually for a long time.  I sought comfort in a man who was completely narcissistic - building me up, tearing me down, building me up, tearing me down...creating a new pattern of pain that I had yet to experience - a new set of fears, a new set of emotions that were completely wrapped in making me feel unloved, unwanted, disrespected, with no honor or value...I was miserable and trapped for a long time.
Repeat after me- I am enough!!
Not until I began counseling and attending classes to become a counselor - did I realize my value and worth are in God's hands.  He, the very God of the universe...He, the one who saved my soul, who created me, who formed me in his likeness and image...HE loves me!  He finds me beautiful and worthy and lovable and made the ultimate sacrifice for me.  What love!

Please don't get me wrong...I still battle it.  I want to know I'm cherished by the man I love.  I want to know he finds me to be beautiful and that the love we share is rare and that no other woman could ever shake our foundation.  I want to know he'll never cheat on me or disrespect me.  I want to know that he will choose us each and every day for the rest of our lives.  But there's nothing wrong with that.  Each man and woman I know who is looking for lasting love wants the same thing from their relationship.  

There has been a great change in me through all these things... I have found God has never left me, never forsaken me, never found my needs or wants to be too great for Him.  He's the perfect gentleman and loves us all with an everlasting love. 

In starting over...I am finding my value and worth.  I am beautiful, I am strong, I am smart, I'm not a pushover, I'm courageous, I'm blessed, I'm forgiven, I'm saved, I'm a daughter of a living God, 
I AM ENOUGH!

So are you....don't ever doubt your value or worth!
Start today with full confidence in who you are and what you bring to this day.




No comments:

Post a Comment