Saturday, August 15, 2015

From the heart



I guess you can say I've learned how to trust in God by watching others.  I have been blessed to be surrounded by faith based people.  My parents, grand parents on both my mother and father's side, lots of family and friends have all devoted their lives to God, exercising faith during the good and bad times and I've been privileged to witness and experience it with my own eyes.

This isn't to say I didn't experience difficult times and doubt or question God.  Oh I have, countless times asked God, WHY?!!  But what I haven't done was lose hope that He would bring me through and I have to thank those who blazed the trail before me for that...they never showed me that God wouldn't supply my needs.  

Even during the times when I had turned my back on God after my divorce I knew God was always there for me.  I felt Him and felt Him drawing me, always reminding me of His love and His protection - it's an amazing thing to be loved by God Himself.  So thankful for His grace and mercy and that it's a free gift for each one of us who give our lives to Him.

I'm so thankful to know Him...to be loved by Him...to have the opportunity to trust Him and believe He has my life in His hands - it brings a peace to the storms I find myself in or have gone through. This past month plus has been somewhat of a trying time for me.  I've laughed, I've cried, I've prayed, I've hurt and rejoiced, so many emotions have flooded me.  I know God is with me, He hears each and every prayer, sees each tear, knows each emotion and through it all, He holds my hand, guiding me through the day.  

Whatever you are going through...whether financial difficulties, or relationship problems, whether emotional or physical - I ask you to take a step at trusting in God to see you through.  It's a learned process and once you learn this...you'll begin to see a more victorious life, a fulfilling life.  You will be able to help others exercise faith because you have experienced it for yourself.  It doesn't mean you won't face trials and tribulations...it just means you'll be able to get through them with confidence in God's ability to see you through.  

I apologize for the lengthy post....but it's something that's weighing on my mind.  We live in a time and day where faith is diminishing at a rapid pace and we must not lose our portion.  

Have a blessed weekend.  
Start your day with faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment