Friday, August 21, 2015

Do I bring honor?

This hit me hard today.

What does honor mean to me?
It means to live with integrity and respect.  It means to set someone or something in a place of high regard or respect.  It is the opposite of shame in my eyes.

I honor the man I love by keeping myself to him.  I'm trustworthy.  I value my role in his life and want to honor him with my actions, heart, mind and spirit.
Honor cannot exist when anonymity exists.  I can't honor him as my boyfriend if I never let anyone know we are together.  It gives others the opinion that I'm single or available to other choices.  

I need God's honor in my life so I am not ashamed to say that I'm His child.  I have humbled myself before Him displaying my failures/sins.  I have asked Him to forgive me, cleanse me and make me new.  I genuinely desire to please Him by living a life that will bring Him honor - because I love Him.

Loving God - means proving to Him with my actions, my words, my life that I bring Him honor.
Loving Greg means I prove it with my actions, my words and my life.  

What a privilege we have to be loved and to be able to love someone.
As I've started over...I know now more than I have ever known in my life - that I want to be loved, honored, and adored...by not only the very God who created me...but my children and the man I am committed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment