Monday, June 8, 2015

Remembering My Dad


Meet my dad, Roland Stowell...loving father, brother, son, uncle, husband, papa and friend.  Taken by cancer 6/6/2011.  

My dad was more than a dad...he was my counselor and confidant whenever I needed him.  He checked the oil on my car, changed my tires, took time with my daughters, took his guitar out and sang tunes...sat on the piano stool next to me and hummed along...he was my guide as well as many others. 

Since my dad's passing...I have realized on a major scale just how much I need him.
I know I have the Lord to lean on, pray to and seek guidance from but it's just not the same.  Just miss walking up to my big ol' 6'4" dad and have him wrap his long strong arms around me, tell me I'm loved and everything will be alright...

To all those who have your parents - hug them a little tighter today.   To all of you who would be devastated to lose that special person in your life....cherish each moment - you just never know how long you have them.





No comments:

Post a Comment