Friday, May 8, 2015

Chapters

I used to read ALL the time.  I would go to the local library, run my fingers gently along the spines of the books while I walked down the aisles searching for the section of the day.  Maybe it would be a mystery, romance, self-help, or an interior design book.  Whatever it was, I loved the time spent searching for a new read.

I found I loved having books around while I was a stay at home mom.  I would take advantage of the moments when the girls were sleeping and dive into the pages, my little escape.  Each book filled with chapter after chapter of reasons to captivate my attention, draw me in, keep me turning the pages.  In every book I've read there were chapters that were my favorite...and others I'd like to at times rewrite to suit my needs!

We all write our own book.  Some chapters are filled with joy and others filled with pain, regardless-it's our story.  The characters, landscape and ideas may change along the way...but that doesn't matter, we are writing.

I'm currently writing my favorite chapter.  It's filled with the unknowns but I'm okay with it because the characters are beautiful and bring much love and joy to my life.  I'm drawing from life experiences, taking notes each day on how to finish my book strong.  I want this chapter to keep my attention heightened, make me excited to start the next and the next.  After all, each chapter should serve a purpose and prepare you for the next - keep the plot alive!



There is no set rule on how long or short a chapter should be.  If your struggling and ready to begin a new chapter, that's okay, start over!  You are the person writing your story, finish it strong.  Make your life story an inspiration - this chapter could be your favorite!

This weekend I'm traveling to say goodbye to a wonderful family member who wrote a beautiful life story.  He will be remembered by many, he was gentle, kind and giving until his last breath.  I'm so blessed to have been apart of his journey.

Have a wonderful weekend - start living - start writing!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment