Friday, May 15, 2015

Heart of the matter

Speaking from my heart...



For the longest time I have battled the feelings of loneliness, emptiness, brokenness, bitterness and pain.   I know I haven't been the only one.  As I've talked with so many of my friends I've discovered just how many of us do battle these feelings, both male and female...all having a common denominator, a broken heart.

Hurt, doubt, mistrust...all play a factor in allowing ourselves to be able to love again, trust again, believe again.  It's amazing how we choose to hold on to those negative emotions (as real as they are) and deny ourselves the joy and freedom that comes from starting over with a fresh and clean slate.

At this stage in my life where I'm learning to trust again, love again, believe again...I find myself waiting for it to end.  There's a vulnerability that accompanies trust and faith - we leave our hearts wide open to the risks of hurting again.  Did I choose wrong?  Is he or she just like the others?  What if? What if?!!

Finding where we belong, where we feel safe, where we feel secure isn't always easy - but we have to learn to trust some things along the journey.  There will be a moment when it all makes sense...when the last puzzle piece is put into place and we know we did something right.  We finally trusted in not only ourselves but someone else with our most protected part of our being - our heart.

Prayers for all of us who doubt in the good things - that God would help us trust that we are truly worthy of the blessings and abundance He's promised us in His Word!!  I'm not hurting or suffering - just speaking to all of us who have felt this way.  We are worthy of it - so let's not doubt the wonderful things in our lives!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment