Monday, December 7, 2015

Pura Vida!


Pure Life - Enjoy Life - Simply Life
#CostaRica
During the last 10 days my husband and I were blessed to be able to spend our honeymoon in Costa Rica.  What a beautiful place, such kind people sharing a common value - to enjoy life. 

As we traveled through the land on foot or by van, bus, and boat...we found ourselves in conversation discussing just how precious our life is.  We truly embraced their spirit...soaking in all the treasures found throughout the day.  Our adventure took us to three different cities...Monteverde, Arenal, and Manuel Antonio.  Each place offered new views, new tours, new people, new memories.  We found ourselves in awe of our surroundings, taking nothing for granted.

We discovered we each had some preformed opinions about the life of Costa Ricans...how wrong we were.  It didn't matter what their living situation was...whether in a $300,000 home or a $3,000 home - they were all so happy.  They seemed to have an appreciation of life that most never grasp, it was so beautiful to witness and become enveloped in.

I know for some of us we grab a hold of the value of the day early on in life - perhaps tragedy brought on the revelation - perhaps something spiritual...but not everyone tastes the beauty of every day life.  Today I want to challenge us all to look around and find the beauty in your life.  Do you have food, water, shelter, clothing?  Do you have a job, health care, transportation?  Do you have a friend or loved one you can bless?  Do you have the ability to walk, see, taste, smell, breathe?  So many aren't afforded the opportunity to enjoy these luxuries.  
We all have something to be thankful for.

I am blessed beyond measure to have found a man who's not only my best friend but someone who reminds me to slow down, stay in the moment, smile, thank God for His goodness and loves me so much that he's willing to bend his knees in prayer for me and so many others he cares about.
I'm blessed to have children who call me mom and a grandson who's arms raise to be held by his gramma - so blessed!!

So to you all I say Pura Vida!!
Starting over has brought such joy in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment