Thursday, December 31, 2015

Living with gratitude in 2016



How often do we recount our blessings?  How often do we stop throughout the day, look at our lives and have a thankful heart for all God has kept us from, the many times He's protected us and our family, for all His blessings and provisions, for just the beauty that surrounds us?

I have been guilty of operating with an ungrateful heart many times in my life.  It's easy to judge others, talk negatively, find fault, fall into depression, want more and more.  None of that is healthy.  None of it uplifts and encourages, it just wears a person down.

When I focus on what I'm thankful for I find life is more peaceful.  Somehow when operating life with a grateful heart hope blooms, joy fills the air, love fills the room and I tend to forget about the little things that try to nag at me or wake me up at the wee hours of the morning.  When those things enter my mind...the best thing I can do is turn them over to God and thank Him for taking care of them and thank Him for all the blessings He so richly pours out on my life.

I for one am looking forward to 2016!.  What does God have in store?! I know I will be blessed to share life with my amazing husband, watch my daughters continue to grow and succeed, enjoy my beautiful grandson and create new memories with family and friends.  Life has never been sweeter!

2016 is here and there's never been a better time to start living with gratitude!






No comments:

Post a Comment