Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Oh be careful little mouth what you say....


Have you ever replayed a conversation over in your mind; rewinding word after word searching for the exact phrase that either lifted your soul or tore your soul apart?  I have.

I do it in order to figure out how I can better myself and be prepared in the future.  There are so many times I've been able to just file a conversation away and never replay it again....but others - I'll wear the tape out first.  It may be a terrible habit, but I'm speaking from the heart. 

It's so important that we put a guard over our mouth when we are angry.  So often we say things we don't mean but the other person will hold on to for days, weeks and even years in some cases.  It's not easy to forget words.  The Bible tells us that from the abundance of the heart...the mouth speaketh.  So basically what ever is residing in your heart is going to come shooting out of your mouth - making it very difficult for others to believe you when you apologize for the words you've spoken.  Trust me I know this to be true because not only have I been the recipient of harsh words...I've spewed them out as well. 

Whether it's with your children, your spouse, your coworkers...choose to be kind today.  Choose to keep silent if you don't have anything nice to say.  You will save yourself and others from hurt feelings, broken hearts, and wounded spirits.  

We are all blessed with a new set of 24 hours in each day to get things right.  How about today we use our 24 hours to speak words of encouragement to one another?

Here's to starting over!

No comments:

Post a Comment