Friday, December 11, 2015

A few rules to starting over


How true are these?
They seem so simple and yet so complicated when you're trying to start over in life.  

I can remember feeling like there was no way I'd ever be able to make peace with the past.  I know I spent countless hours worrying what others thought about me, I can remember trying to focus on other people and their problems so I wouldn't need to focus on mine.  I obsessed over the lack of control I had in my life.  I looked to other people to fill the void in my life and made too many bad decisions which didn't allow me to truly smile.  I was down and out and dang it, I had a right to be! Or at least I felt like I had that right.

What I didn't realize during my pity party was that I was robbing myself of so much joy.  I was denying God full access into my life and was setting a negative tone in my home with my daughters.  I had it all wrong.  I know so many others do it right - but I didn't.  It wasn't until I allowed rule number 3 to happen that I allowed my heart and mind to connect.  It wasn't until I allowed God to have full control that I began healing.  It wasn't until I realized that God's plan for my life was far better than my own that my smile returned.

Today as I look back I can see just how blinded I was in the storm.  I let the wind and rain distort my views.  I'm so thankful God was faithful and walked me through it all.  I'm so thankful that He's restored and blessed me with more than I ever imagined I'd have.  I'm so thankful He holds the world, all it's problems and challenges in His hands.

I am so thankful for God's hand in my life - His blessings are countless!

If you don't have the peace of God in your life I challenge you to give Him a try.
Here's to starting over!

No comments:

Post a Comment