Monday, November 9, 2015

What can it look like?



This blog is about those of us who never expected to find ourselves in the place where life demanded us to begin again, but we did.


If someone would have asked me 6 years ago if I could see myself remarrying, anytime soon - I would have said no.  Not yet.  I didn't trust any man, let alone want to take a chance that it would all end again some day.  I went through periods of happiness, personal growth, spiritual healing and restoration and sadness.  I had to go through all the emotions that come through the healing process before I would ever be close to ready. It wasn't easy - it took time!

As my fiance and I approach our wedding day, my mind goes over every final detail.  
This day isn't just about me, it's about two people who've made their mind up to love and cherish each other, to work together to build a great life.  It's about two people who have known what it's like to be lonely, what it's like to settle, what it's like to sacrifice, what it's like to make mistakes and live with the consequences, what it's like to find a jewel and realize you never want to live without each other.  We are not looking back at what might have been - we are looking forward to what OUR life can be.

Please don't give up on yourself or those in your life because you can't see the beauty which lies in front of you.  Sometimes it just takes....time.  Time to heal, time to grow, time to make necessary changes that allow something beautiful to grow.  

Starting over with a new frame of mind - looking forward to a life with a beautiful man - a man who loves me.  How blessed am I to be able to see how wonderful life can be!



No comments:

Post a Comment