Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Empathy

Be kind, you truly don't know what some one else has been through. They are alive so they have survived..:

Do you know what it means to have empathy towards someone?
It means to look at something from their eyes, hear something from their ears and try to feel the way they feel...work to understand them, their pain, their fears, feel their heart.

Last night I received a text from a dear friend of mine who was hurting.  As we text back and forth the phone rang and we began to talk.  We both shared from our hearts...each of us opening up as friends do - listening and understanding - because we have empathy towards one another.  We love each other and hate when one or both of us are facing difficult situations.  How terrible it would be if we tried to talk and words fell on deaf ears because there was no attempt to understand or feel what each other was feeling.  Guaranteed our friendship would be shallow and not last a lifetime.  Thank God our friendship is strong and we can be there for one another.

We will all face trying times. Try to place yourself in their shoes and do your best to understand what they are going through.  I have and I'm sure will face many more trials in my life that will knock the wind out of my sails...maybe they are all just moments in life's classroom that help prepare me so I'm better able to understand someone else's pain in the future...whatever it is...I pray someone shows empathy towards me.  We need each other.  Everyone is facing something we know absolutely nothing about...practice being empathetic today, it will help you in starting over and perhaps someone else.

I pray God gives us all an extra dose today.

No comments:

Post a Comment