Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Open your windows

I want to sit there now and breathe the salty air and feel the wind and hear the seagulls:

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, smell the ocean air, feel the salt on your face.

Sometimes we just need to transport ourselves to that place.  The place of peace and tranquility and remind ourselves to find rest. 

This is something I myself need to do.  Over the past two weeks I have found myself caught up in the whirlwind of dreams - big wedding/small wedding, wedding dress or just buy something simple/yet elegant.  Packing/selling personal items to be move in ready with my fiance upon our marriage.  Not only preparing my own mind and heart but my youngest daughter and our doggies....as well.

In all that - I have found myself praying that this is not all too good to be true.  That my prince charming truly does love me and wants a life with me...this woman who's been hurt and broken...this woman who has been rejected and left to fend for myself...is it true, is it real?

God is the giver of peace, grace and mercy and once again granted me the peace that I need.  I'm so thankful for a patient man who reassures me it's all going to be okay...it's like opening the window to a beautiful breeze; how he calmed my spirit today.

I know starting over isn't always easy - I know little things try to trip us up....but if we (I) can just remember to stop, take a deep breath, enjoy and appreciate the simplest of things...I'll be reminded once again that it's all going to be okay.

I'm opening the windows of my heart - letting peace flow in and believing in this beautiful life that's in front of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment