Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Momma said there'd be days like this....

"Some people don't get it," they say. Addiction spares no one, cares not at all, demands all. Its touch unchallenged means ruin and death. I don't tell them that your MOTHER taught you to shoot heroin as a teenager, that she used with you until social services came to take you away. Life fell out from under you again and again. And the evil heroin was always waiting to push further into your little boy soul every time, every time you put off your quest for freedom just one more time.:

  I love my hairstylist.  She's not just someone who cuts and colors my hair, but she's a friend and I just absolutely love her.  We've run into a bit of a problem the last several times she's attempted to color up my brunette base - it's turned a reddish/orange hue and I don't care for that on me.  So try and try she does, but to no avail.  Wellllll yesterday she used an ash on my hair and while it took the red out of the base, it caused my blonde ends (which I love) to turn purple and gray (which I hate). YIKES!!! 

So basically the above picture is me! lol...

I'm thankful for a man who loves me beyond my hair...he sent me a text last night (in my self pity mode) that stated... "You are a beautiful lady...try and relax...everything will be fine...the people who love you the most know your heart and soul! Not your hair babe..."  How I love this man.

I guess this shows me that life...is just life.
There are greater problems out there than me feeling out of my skin.
We have Veterans who have died while waiting to receive health care.  We have homeless, neglected and abused men, women and children. We have a government that is more confused now than ever... I guess I can swallow my pride for a few days or however long it will take and just thank God that I still have a head in which to put a bag over!! =)

So today, I'll go sit in the chair again...in an attempt to feel a little more like myself.  
In this one area in my life - I didn't want to start over.  I just wanted to touch it up.  Crossing my fingers and hoping I can come to work tomorrow without the bag over my head!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!   





No comments:

Post a Comment