Monday, July 13, 2015

Learning

Everyday


I went to the gym over the weekend and began doing a new circuit of exercises -  I could tell my body was resisting the strain of something new - and when I woke up this morning I was reminded that I'd pushed myself to a new level.  I learned through listening to my friend/trainer that I need to be very careful and "watch" my form while doing these exercises in order to make sure I do them correctly - to get the results I want.  This was actually new for me...to watch myself.

On a different level of learning...I have been faced with a trial over the past few weeks.  One that brought me to my knees and made me exercise the spiritual - more than the physical.  As I began taking it to God...I also began taking it to others (not wise).  I know I made a terrible mistake by doing that...not just because people talk...but because it's wrong.

Just as I was working out and checking the mirror to see my form....I need to make sure I do the same with my emotions.  I need to check myself in the "mirror" to make sure I maintain my integrity and form as a good person.  I am ashamed of my actions - and realize it doesn't matter how old I am...I am a work in progress and can be better in many areas of my life.  

As I work on becoming healthier - mentally, physically and emotionally...I'm going to do my best to watch my form.

To those of us who make mistakes when starting over!
It's NEVER too late to learn!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment