Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Gone too soon

I love you and I shouldn't have tried to be cautious, I should have just told you every time I wanted to.

Last night I lost a dear friend who died way too early.  She was a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend...as they took her off life support and her friends and family held on to any strength or hope that just maybe she would survive - God welcomed her home.  

Did anyone know the day prior to her admittance to the hospital that it was going to be their very last day to hug her, kiss her, tell her they loved her?  No....

We are not promised the very next breath we breathe.  We don't know the hour, minute or day our race in this life will end.  Please, please, please grab hold of this truth and make any changes in your life that need to be changed in order for you to finish strong!

I know I'm not perfect, I know I often make mistakes...but one mistake I don't make is I don't let those people in my life wonder if I love them or if I am devoted to them.  If God were to call me home today - my children and family would know they are/were loved by this woman.  After all....when it's all said and done - nothing else matters - but the love we've given and received.  
That's all we truly take with us to our resting place.


Here's to you Marcie - no more suffering - no more pain
Much love my dear friend!!
Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment