Thursday, February 15, 2018

Behaviors and habits


This has struck a chord with me.
As I'm writing for my own sake most of the time, I had to stop and really think about my words, my behaviors, my habits, my values and my destiny.  I don't want to look at quotes and phrases and sort of identify - I want to KNOW when I'm writing about it - that I have full awareness.

I have serious moments of insecurity.  I doubt my worth now after being lied to, cheated on and ignored while the person I love has fulfilled their own selfish needs to pay attention to another woman.  I have struggled as a woman who used to look in the mirror and never doubt my worth or value in the relationship to wondering why I was ever chosen.
I say that to say - I have to, NO MATTER WHAT...Keep my words positive.  I have to continue to have a good behavior in spite of the happenings - past or present, in my life.  I have to work diligently on creating healthy habits that reflect my values because I want to have a beautiful destiny that my family and friends can look on with pride. That I can be proud of!!

I may not be a college graduate, I may not have riches and wealth of great measure - but what I have is my reputation.  What I have is, a family I love and value.  What I have is a husband I want to honor with my words and actions.  What I have is, a relationship with God that I want to preserve, grow and share with others so that they too can have a beautiful destiny. 

Friends, we should all strive to be the best version of ourselves not just for us - but for those we love and value - they deserve it!

#startingover15 isn't a one-time thing - it's a daily commitment to finish our race without shame or guilt - but in a manner, we can be proud of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment