Thursday, June 9, 2016

Fighting the battle

Image result for fight your battles on your knees

It's Thursday night...I'm sitting in the office, listening to the birds talking back and forth to each other...hearing the neighborhood dogs bark at passersby and the faint distraction of the evening news streams in the bedroom.  I'm home alone tonight - my husband is at a meeting - so I'm taking this time to reflect on the past few days.

I've faced some trying hours over this last week.  Just because the Lord blesses our lives with great joy, peace, happiness, successes and health does not mean we are immune to difficulties.  We have an enemy who roams about seeking whom he may devour and destroy and he will stop at nothing to tear down God's children - and use anything he can to do it.  I am so glad I have a God to turn to in those times.

As I called on the Lord in my time of need - He once again reassured me that HE is in control.  He loves and cares for the things I love and care for - INCLUDING me!  Please please please don't forget God loves you when you are in the midst of your trials.  That's the time when He thrives most...He wants to flex His muscles for us and fight on our behalf!  He wants to prove His strength, love, mercy and grace....He's truly the best man we'll ever know.  

Tonight before you close your eyes - take your need to the Lord.  Pray for your spouse, your children, your parents, your Pastor, your neighbors and your friends.  Pray for our government and our communities....Pray that God would protect us all in this time of need.

To each one of us who found ourselves #startingover15 at one point or another....may we learn to fight on our knees and turn the battle over to the One who never loses!

Writing with a thankful spirit - thanking God for every battle He's won!


No comments:

Post a Comment