Friday, June 3, 2016

I am what I choose to become



Reflecting on our past can sometimes be a good thing...but also hurtful.  I know I am not the only one out there with a past riddled with ups and downs, hurts and disappointments, life altering instances.  Nor am I the only one who's chosen to stand up and move forward.  It's not always easy for us to make the choice - but we must if we ever want to be more than the circumstance dictated.

Be in control of YOUR OWN life...not your spouse's, not your children's...YOURS.  Do you want to be happy?  You can be happy.  If you want to be a college graduate, BE ONE...don't let anything stand in your way - you choose your destiny.  Do you want to lose weight?  Make the choices for your own body to help yourself lose weight!  Don't wait for someone to help or encourage you - you've got to take the first, the second, the third steps and never stop - but you CAN do it!

If I'm learning anything in this life right now, I'm learning that I have wants, and basic needs that must be met for my internal happiness and I have to take care of those myself, regardless of my marital, career, friendship or parental status.  I have to find the way to fulfill those basic wants and needs all on my own - becoming empowered to do that - means taking a step in believing in what I can become!

Here's to all of us - men, women, married, single, widowed, young and old...it's never too late to choose your path to happiness!  #startingover15 with a new frame of mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment